90s nostalgia - Inquisitor Immaculata's recon platoon for 2nd ed 40K

I've recently been pottering away in the background, fleshing out my (mostly) 2nd edition Warhammer 40K Space Marine scouts. I now have a 1,000 point reconnaissance platoon consisting of three scout squads, a chaplain, and a wee inquisitorial team - almost a multiverse version of Jaq Draco, Grim and Meh'Lindi.

Inquisitor Brigid Immaculata, with her Callidus Assassin-consort who's name shall remain unspoken, and their pet ratling sniper, Thumper McMuckstart.

The inquisitor herself is a 1998 Sisters of Battle cannoness with a rocking gesture of benediction hand-swap. I bought her thinking she was 2nd ed., but of course she is actually early 3rd edition (by which stage I had stopped playing 40k). As a 90s miniature, she still fits the bill for my wee platoon.

The Imperial Gueard special character, Thumper (Mc)Muckstart is a 1989 Rogue Trader ratling. I already have this mini, converted into a shotgunner for my Flores Minor Rangers Corps, but this time I left him whole and untouched.

The assassin is also a 1989 mini I believe. I had one of the female Callidus assassins in my original 90s army, but I always quite liked the look of this chap and I figured I could use him as an assassin of any of the schools at a pinch.

And now for the enlarged scout platoon for my Éireannach Preseservers - some of whom were previously shown along with their chaplain.

The first scout squad - bolt pistols, swords and a heavy bolter, with a veteran sergeant with chainsword.

The second scout squad - shotguns (one a 1998 3rd edition chap) and a meltagun, with a veteran sergeant with powerfist conversion.

The third scout squad - sniper rifles, a missile launcher (1998 3rd ed.), led by a veteran sergeant with chainsword.

Comments