Saturday 25 April 2020

Horizon Wars - Lobster's Revenge airborne platoon

After our small game of Horizon Wars last week, my wee lad (9yo) developed a hankering to build a force of his own. I had a few airborne infantry figures and a mobile artillery piece left over from building my Elysium Trading Corporation strike force - enough for a 7P platoon of his new maritime insurgency - Lobsters' Revenge. He painted them up himself with only minimal assistance from me; I am super proud of him.




I asked to hear their backstory and was genuinely surprised to find out the answer. Apparently the industrialised warmachine of the European Empire has impacted on marine life and decreased fish stocks. People from the coastal areas have risen up in armed rebellion. If you know what you're looking at, that is a pretty convincing lobster claw painted on the artillery piece.



2 comments:

  1. Damn, those look terrific! I started with 11 and my miniatures were dripping of paint. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought YOU had painted these!!! They're great and I love the background he's come up with. Well done that son!

    ReplyDelete