Saturday 13 November 2021

Reinforcements for the Red King - 10mm Fantastic Battles

I had a good couple of evenings painting this week, cracking on with the Red King's  Beastfolk army for Fantastic Battles. The army is being built around Warploque Miniature's wonderful 10mm beastfolk range. Although I intend to only use Warploque sculpts in the army, I have been fairly loose in the choice of ranges to support the core of beastlings.

These mushroom men - or shroomlings - are Warploque 3D scultps intended for 28mm games but scaled down to stand 8-9mm tall. They will be used as mindless irregular companies with poison (and perhaps forester?).

The wyrd-sister. I was halfway through painting her as a shrew with a grass cloak when it dawned on my that she is supposed to be a hedgehog... A lovely wee figure all the same.

A squirrel wearing a Scots bonnet - one of the army's captains.

Two companies of mjowls - Warploque's name, but I'm keeping it because there is no better name for such a creature. These are supposed to be 28mm cat-owl gryphon-like critters. Used in a 10mm game, suddenly they become small gryphons (fantastic beasts, fast, flying, militia). I went for a snow leopard feel for their feline end. I am not 100% sure it works, but they will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment