Wednesday 10 May 2017

PDEE - Critters join the cast.

It is some time since my post on bunny comparisons, but my Scotia Grendel rabbits arrived this week and have just been painted. Also for the viewing is a mongrel from Black Cat Bases. Snogg, the most comical and perpetually least impressive of my prehistoric hunting party is shown for scale.


From the beginning of this project I have been looking for a Dogmatix/Idefix style hound to accompany my hunting party. This wee mutt from Black Cat is the closest I have found to fit the bill. In honour of his exemplar, I think I'll call him Idd (Dogg being already taken by his more wolfish [distant] cousin).


 And on to the bunnies. These Scotia Grendel rabbits are pretty perfect for the look of my particular cavemen. Considering the huge cost, I was worried that they may well be far over-sized. Imagine my pleasant surprise then to see that they are, in fact, pretty tiny. Snogg on measures 20mm to the eye and these guys look pretty ok scale wise next to him. The sculpting is quite comic and there is a very minimalist approach to facial features. They may not be to everyone's tastes, but for me, perfect.



All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. 
And when they catch you, they will kill you. 
But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, 
Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, 
and your people will never be destroyed.
Richard Adams, Watership Down

No comments:

Post a Comment