Wednesday 27 June 2018

Ratatoskr

Ratatosk, or Ratatoskr, was the mischievous squirrel that lived on Yggdrasil (the World-Tree) and spent his time running up and  down its trunk between the eagle at the top, and Nidhug the dragon at its base, to tell them each the latest insult that each had uttered against the other.


I took a notion. I am apparently now going to put together a Norse force for Of Gods and Mortals. I thought the following might reflect how he would play as a legend:

Ratatosk
Q3, C2
Forester, Illusions, Long Move, Stealth


Here he is with a sample of my existing Norse force to give a sense of scale: troll from Copplestone Castings, dvergar dwarf from Macrocosm Miniatures.

For the most part, this wee chap is one of the sabre-toothed squirrel rats produced for the (now defunct?) Flytrap Factory kickstarter. The head was my attempt to sculpt something out of green-stuff that vaguely resembled a red squirrel. It may have worked, I'm still not sure. The shield is a spare from a Macrocosm set of viking dwarves. Hmmm, speaking of which, Im going to need some more of them...

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting idea......and original.
    I start my OGAM project too.......with Norse 😛

    ReplyDelete