Friday 9 August 2024

ProjectSeleukid - 28mm Cretan Archers


Quickly finishing up another small, two company unit for my Seleukids this week, here is a small unit of Cretan archers, 3D prints from Blitzkrieg Miniatures. These minis have fairly simple, bold details making them a dream to paint.

I have a 'history' with Cretan archers ... especially those serving in the Levant in the 2nd century BC. There may have been several years of ongoing research. There was certainly a wee article in Ancient Warfare Magazine (vol. 11.1) which summarised a more detailed paper published in BASOR (vol. 380) in 2018. You can access the BASOR article HERE.

Suffice to say, these guys have a special place in my heart, I'm delighted to have them ready for battle and, knowing the laws of wargaming, I suspect they will be utterly routed in the first turn!



2 comments:

  1. Great painting Nic, the bronze is particularly vibrant. Are we due a whole 'army so far' photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I have my companions ready for painting next (after a tiny diversion). When they are done, I'll do a WIP army shot. :)

      Delete