Monday 28 April 2014

HC reinforcements and a new side project

My recent relative laxity in posting is pretty informative. I started a new job at the beginning of April and it seems to be using up a lot of by wargamey stuff time. How very tedious. None-the-less, it is a pretty good position and I probably shouldn't pack it in just to be able to spend more time here. Probably.

So, after that preamble/ramble, I've only time for a very brief update. I have managed recently to put togeter some reinforcements for my Hail Caesar Seleukids and have even started a small side project. For 'started' read 'rebased some stuff already painted'.

I added another base of Arab light infantry to 'upgrade' the unit to a standard sizes light infantry warband. I also made up a new commander with an Arab aide or sheik. 

Galatian cavalry.

 More katoikoi colonist cavalry (medium line cavalry).

And without further adieu, here are some re-based Romano-British. The figures are 10mm Pendraken late Romans. They were previously based individually for Song of Arthur and Merlin but the sad fact is that 10mm skirmish games don't draw in too many punters. As I love the figures, I've decided to reebase them for Dux Bellorum, written by Dan Mersey (the same author as SAM) and have already recieved confimation that others in my local wargaming club will join me in the enterprise. With my existing stuff, I only nned to but two or three packs to have two complete armies - Romano-British and Irish. Here are my Romano-British mounted companions and a shield wall - based on 60x30mm bases.


  1. I love the paint job on your late Romans . I too use 10mm figs for dux bellorum but went for bigger base sizes so that i could pack in the figures for a more heroic period look. You might like to take a look at

    1. Hi Robert - yes, I've been checking your blog on and off for a while now. Lovely work!

  2. lovely looking units you have here!..... marvelous