Friday 30 December 2022

2nd Battalion (von Bruxelles') Württemberg Light Infantry

Having started Project Württemberg back in August, I have finally finished the first full battalion of the fancy buggers. I love the result, but hate the process. I will need to work out a better/faster approach to painting the rest of the brigade. 

These have been painted up as the 2nd Battalion (von Bruxelles') Württemberg Light Infantry; the 1st Battalion (coming next) are identical but for button colour which will be gold rather than silver. Based up for Black Powder (2nd ed), the two flank companies can be deployed as a skirmish screen out front, or pulled back into line.

von Bruxelles' brigade at Borodino consisted of both Württemberg's light infantry battalions and the two jäger battalions. At this rate it will take me a while, but at leat I now have at least one useable unit!




3 comments:

  1. Not my cup of tea but the miniagures are beautifully painted, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Wurtemburg unit...and background picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark from Thailand6 January 2023 at 07:28

    Tsk tsk. I’m sure those aiguillettes cords twist the wrong way. You’ll need to re-paint them, sorry.

    ReplyDelete