Slowly, the Minoan camp comes together

This is just a quick work-in-progress shot of the elements of my Minoan camp that I have so far. I am still waiting on my Rapier order (not the first time I've written that!), so I have just been working off what I have already had floating around in my bits box. Some thoughts, and the first phase of the camp creation was posted HERE.

I have tried to stick to my chosen colour themes of blue, yellow and white, and have repeated a couple of motifs (the wave and the double axe) to try to bring the disparate bits and pieces together. The double axe (labrys) was probably a religious symbol on Bronze Age Crete, as it later remained throughout the Greek world, Anatolia, parts of the Middle East and Rome. I have a neat little 6mm barbarian wearing a loin cloth and holding a double axe from Perfect Six Miniatures who will eventually be mounted in a Rapier chariot as my C-in-C.

In the meantime, here is my Myrmidon/Cycladic Islander unreliable sub-general. While the main army is blue and yellow, this command will be black and orange. All figures are Rapier: both chariots and the drivers are Mycenaean, the armoured general is a Seleukid/Perisan scythed charioteer, his companion in the other chariot is a Sea Peoples ox wagon driver. I will be using Sea Peoples for all the infantry in that little command as well.

Comments

  1. Great job and fantastic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Stunning work on these 6mm models/figures. I would've never thought so much detail and lovely colors could be done in this scale. Love the vessel and camp!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment