Being guidelines for running autonomous merchantmen and warships in solo or co-operative games of Galleys & Galleons.
- Activate autonomous vessels in order of their proximity to the player’s vessels – the nearest autonomous vessel attempts to activate first.
- Autonomous vessels always roll 2d6 to activate, only rolling damaged dice if necessary.
- Follow the charts provided. Where there are two sets of orders, prioritise 1) with a first available order, moving on to 2) only if a second order available.
- Autonomous vessels always carry out their orders first, and then make their compulsory movement.
- Autonomous vessels will sail over shallows, but will never intentionally run aground.
- Autonomous vessels will never intentionally change their heading if it will leave them In Irons.
- Bastions will always fire on the nearest target, and/or reload if required.